California Pedestrian Accident Attorneys
California roadways are some of the busiest in the nation, which makes our sidewalks and crossways prime danger zone for accidents between moving vehicles and pedestrians.
These accidents, unfortunately, almost always involve serious injuries or fatalities as unprotected pedestrians are struck by larger, heavier, and faster-moving vehicles. Fortunately, if you or a loved one have been in such an accident, the injuries or death sustained could be eligible for compensation.
With the help of an experienced attorney, you could be reimbursed for your medical costs, time lost from work, and any other economic or non-economic damages by bringing a personal injury claim against the negligent driver responsible.
Here at Nordstrom, Steele, Nicolette and Blythe it is our duty, and honor, as your California accident attorneys, to ensure you obtain the full compensation you deserve after any pedestrian accident.
What To Do If You Are Injured As A Pedestrian In An Accident
If this is an emergency, and you have just been in an accident: Call 911 and then call (760) 852-7134.
If ever you are hit or injured in an accident as a pedestrian, your very first concern should be your health and safety, as well as those of any loved ones with you or the people immediately around you. You should contact any emergency services required, especially if anyone is critically injured, as well as local law enforcement.
Nevertheless, once you have attended to any basic emergency needs, there are some steps and actions you can take which could dramatically improve your chances of receiving full personal injury compensation in the future.
Immediate investigation and preservation of evidence is often a critical element in proving a personal injury and wrongful death case involving pedestrians. As the victim at the scene, you can begin the process of gathering and preserving those crucial pieces of information. This could include:
- The names and contact information of any parties directly involved or witness to the accident.
- Photographs of any injuries you, a loved one, or other passerby suffered as a result of the accident.
- Photographs or video of the accident including any vehicles involved in the accident.
- Pictures of the scene of the accident, as well as circumstances and environment in which it took place, such as the condition of the road or sidewalk.
If you are in no condition to do so, do not worry, your personal injury representation team at Nordstrom, Steele, Nicolette and Blythe are trained to do so rapidly, efficiently, and effectively. A quick call to our offices (760) 852-7134, from the scene of the accident or even from an ambulance or hospital bed, could help get your claim started with the best possible evidence in your favor.
Building A Pedestrian Accident Personal Injury Claim
If you or a loved one have been hurt as a pedestrian involved in an accident, we can help you build a strong case for compensation. The sooner you get in touch with us after your accident, the stronger the claim we will be able to make in your favor, though if you have waited, it may not be too late either.
After a pedestrian accident, it is critical for your lawyer to establish contact with the investigating authorities, such as the local and state police. They will help us gather evidence about the accident and the negligent behavior that may have led to it.
However, if you or a family member has been injured, you should not give statements to insurance investigators before you are represented by an attorney who will protect your rights. Insurance companies do not always have your best interests at heart, and the information you share with them could be used to lower, delay, or even dismiss your claim for compensation.
What Can You Claim Compensation For After A Pedestrian Accident In California ?
If you or a loved one are injured or killed as a pedestrian in a vehicle accident, California law entitles you to substantial compensation to cover the costs and damages associated with your injuries. Given the expense of medical care and the severity of injuries sustained in many pedestrian accidents, this amount can be quite substantial, and life-saving.
With the help of experienced personal injury attorneys, you will be able to claim compensation for any and all of the following after a pedestrian accident:
- Immediate or emergency medical costs, including ambulance fees.
- Medical expenses related to any injuries sustained in the accident, including surgeries and medication.
- Long-term medical expenses such as physical therapy and medication required for recovery.
- Time lost from work (or home care) due to the accident and injuries.
- The inability to continue working your job (or taking care of your home and family) if the injuries leave you unable to continue doing so.
- The wrongful death of a loved one if they were killed in the accident or died as a result of it.
- Emotional Trauma and any other non-economic damages suffered as a result of being injured in an accident as a pedestrian.
If you are not sure what compensation you may be eligible for, or if a medical expense can be included in your personal injury claim, contact our experienced team for guidance and advice. We will see that you recover all the damages you are entitled to.
If You Or A Loved One Has Been Injured In An Accident As A Pedestrian, We Can Help.
The personal injury lawyers and attorneys at Nordstrom, Steele, Nicolette and Blythe have been helping victims of pedestrian accidents in California for over 40 years.
Our lawyers and attorneys have extensive experience helping pedestrian accident victims recover financial compensation for injuries or deaths. We offer compassionate and determined representation and will see that you recover the damages you deserve after any injuries or the death of your loved one. Call
(760) 852-7134 for a video consultation with one of our personal injury lawyers to begin your claim for compensation.